Angus Barn, voted by readers as Best Restaurant for a Special Occasion, Best Steakhouse and Best Selection of Wines, and claiming an honorable mention for Best Dessert, has a reach that goes well beyond Western Wake.
“Due to the Research Triangle Park and the three outstanding universities in the area, we serve many international guests, from places like Japan, China, Africa and England,” said Angus Barn manager Jill Highsmith.
“We have been an institution here for 54 years, treating each and every customer as they are the most important person while visiting the Angus Barn.”
Highsmith notes that 6,050 pounds of corn-fed Midwestern beef — yes, you read that correctly — are cut each week at Angus Barn’s in-house aging facility. The most oft-requested cut is a filet, and most popular cooking style medium rare, with a warm red center.
The vast wine selection served alongside Angus Barn meals is under the direction of wine and beverage director Henk Schuitemaker; the restaurant has been awarded Wine Spectator magazine’s Grand Award every year since 1989.
The establishment offers a featured wine every six weeks that matches the chef’s feature, and during the holidays always features customer favorite Opus One wines from Napa Valley.
Special occasions at Angus Barn range from dinners for deploying soldiers to engagement parties, weddings, celebrations of life, and even divorce parties.
- Exclusive Dish: Chicken Tortilla Soup at Los Tres Magueyes
- Just Add Color
- Brown Bag Ministry – The 2015 Cary Magazine Gives Back Charity Partner
- The Best from the Dark Side
- Taking Off: Aviator Brewery
- Best Place to Get a Cocktail & Best Appetizers
- Best Bakery & Best Food Truck & Best Coffeehouse
- Best New Restaurant
- Best Charity
- Best High School Principal & Best High School Coach
- Best Elementary School Principal
- Best Middle School Principal
- Best Home Service
- Best Doctor
- Best Mechanic Shop
- Best New Business (Non-restaurant)
- Best TV Personality
- It’s Here Somewhere
- Hockey Scores With Area Youth
- We Love! January 2015
- 2015 Maggy Awards
- Real-Life Resolutions
- Best for a Special Occasion
- How To Buy a Coat
- Dreamfest 2015
- Life & Legacy: A Celebration