A lot has happened in Garner since it received designation as an All-America City last year.
Come learn more, and be part of the discussion, as the Garner Chamber of Commerce presents CONNECT: A Conference Addressing Garner’s Economic Prospects, on Thursday, Aug. 14, at the Grand Marquise Ballroom, 121 Fidelity Court in Garner.
This fifth annual CONNECT conference will bring together business and civic leaders to address major developments impacting the town’s economic climate and quality of life.
Emcees Lee Ann Nance, executive vice president of the Research Triangle Regional Partnership, and Adrienne Cole, executive director of Wake County Economic Development, will preside over a packed agenda.
Noon, Registration and lunch
1 to 5 p.m., Conference sessions
- Wake County: 3 Perspectives, 3 County Managers, 3 Decades of Leadership – Panel discussion featuring former Wake County managers Richard Stevens and David Cooke and current manager Jim Hartmann
- Garner Technology Center – Tony Beasley, Economic Development director
- Emerging and Converging in Garner – Industry leaders in information technology, life sciences and clean technologies explore the potential of Garner Technology Center
- Status of Garner Bond Projects – Hardin Watkins, town manager
- Status of U.S. 70/White Oak Road – Tony Chalk, town engineer
- What’s Next at White Oak – Rich Barta, Core Properties
- School Construction Update – Christine Kushner, chair, Wake County School Board
5 to 6:30 p.m., Reception and dinner
- Speakers from MoonRunners Saloon and Broadslab Distillery will discuss what happens when Northern and Southern cultures collide in Garner and team up for a national product launch
“Garner is poised for greater economic success, and this event will connect business leaders, citizens and elected officials together in order to create the future that is right for businesses and residents,” said Neal Padgett, president of the Garner Chamber. “There will also be plenty of opportunities for networking during the welcome and post-conference reception and dinner.”
Registration is $79 and includes lunch and dinner. To register, or for more information, contact the Garner Chamber at (919) 772-6440 or visit garnerchamber.com.