Discover what Cary has to offer for individuals with disabilities, their loved ones and caregivers, at the town’s first Share & Care event.
Visit with about two dozen service providers, all in one convenient location, to gather information and ask questions about services for the disabled.
“Share & Care is a natural progression of the town’s specialized recreation and inclusion programs that were introduced in 2013,” said Judy Newsome, recreation and inclusion specialist.
“In keeping with the town’s efforts to focus every day on enriching the lives of our citizens, Cary is hosting this event to increase awareness of resources available to individuals with disabilities. This is a great opportunity for resource sharing and networking.”
Also on hand will be representatives from organizations, businesses, assistive services and other resources. Participating organizations include:
- The Autism Society of North Carolina
- Bridge II Sports
- Kids Together Inc.
- Life Experiences Inc.
- Pathways for People
- Reif Psychological Services
- Arc of the Triangle Inc.
- Miracle League of the Triangle
- Therapeutic Martial Arts @ My Favorite Cardio Place,
- Triangle Down Syndrome Network
- Abilities Tennis Association of North Carolina
- Community Partnerships Inc.
- GCF Family Support Services
- Lucy Daniels Center
- Woody’s Mom, Inc. – CAP/C Program
- Wake County Public School System Special Education Services
- Special Olympics Wake County.
The Town of Cary’s C-Tran and Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Specialized Recreation & Inclusion Services will also participate.
Share & Care will be held at the Herb Young Community Center, 101 Wilkinson Ave., on Friday, Feb. 13 from 9:30 a.m. until noon.
Registration is encouraged but not required for this free event; service animals are permitted.
For more information, search “Share & Care” at townofcary.org or call (919) 462-2027.