Meals on Wheels serves the frail, homebound, elderly and/or disabled residents of Wake County. Our top three goals for our participants are to:
1. Provide them with a daily, nutritious hot meal that will improve health and diet.
2. Provide them with a daily check-up and visit that makes them feel safer in their homes.
3. Give them the opportunity to continue living independently, with dignity, in their own home.
The Meals on Wheels program is a proven model, both nationally and internationally, for providing hot meals to some of the most vulnerable members of our community. In addition to the meal, our homebound senior neighbors also greatly benefit from the daily visit by a Meals on Wheels volunteer.
Mailing Address: PO Box 37639, Raleigh, NC 27627
Physical Address: 1001 Blair Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Volunteers are the heart and soul of what we do at Meals on Wheels of Wake County. More than 2,200 volunteers a year donate their time to serving our senior and disabled neighbors. Volunteers, using their own automobile, can choose a day(s) to deliver meals between Monday and Friday, throughout Wake County. Delivery time is typically between 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pickup sites are located throughout Wake County.
- are often the only contact our recipients have all day.
- provide a warm smile and a caring attitude.
- provide a safety check to help ensure our customer’s well being.
- are the eyes and ears of Meals on Wheels and often alert us to recipients with additional needs.
For information on volunteering call Viki Baker or Marlene Silva at (919) 833-1749.
Private donations are crucial to our program. Gifts made for general operating support help to insure ongoing meal delivery to our senior neighbors.
$20 provides meals for one person for one week
$80 provides meals for one month
$500 provides meals for six months
You can donate online at www.wakemow.org with a credit card or send a check, made payable to Meals on Wheels, to P.O. Box 37639, Raleigh, NC 27627.
Meals on Wheels of Wake County is a 501c(3) organization.