The mission of Communities In Schools of Wake County (CIS Wake) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. We exist to help schools remove barriers that put students at risk of wasting their potential.
CIS Wake provides individualized case management that tracks and increase student performance in attendance, behavior, and course work.
CIS Wake ensures that every one of our students receives:
1. A one-on-one relationship with a caring adult (academic coaches, mentors, volunteers and tutors)
2. A safe place to learning and grow (in-school and after-school tutorial programs)
3. A healthy start and a healthy future (proper nutrition and positive reinforcement)
4. A chance to give back to peers and the community (community service opportunities)
5. A marketable skill to use upon graduation (professional and leadership development)
Rae Marie Czuhai, Vice President of Development
Tutor: Maximize your area of academic talent (math, reading, science, etc) to tutor a student or small group of students and help them achieve academic progress and success!
Mentor: Meet with a student during breakfast, lunch, or after-school and provide an opportunity for them to connect with a caring adult
I.M.A.G.E.S. Speaker: Inspire, Motive, and Go Educate Students speakers provide inspiration and motivation to our students through 20-30 minute presentations about their career and life accomplishments.
BE an Event Volunteer- A one time opportunity: Independently or gather members of your workplace, organizations, and faith-based communities, to participate in a one-time opportunity or various seasonal opportunities including, but not limited to: assisting with school supply drives, assisting with concession stands, assist with Weekend School, etc.
School supplies, movie and small gift cards to be used as incentives.