Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Triangle Race for the Cure

May 6, 2017 @ 7:00 am - 12:30 pm


Susan G. Komen Triangle Race for the Cure

The Triangle Race for the Cure, locally presented by Duke Cancer Institute, will be on May 6 at the Frontier in Research Triangle Park. The Race is filled with exciting options for every age group, including, an out and back course with live music, survivor celebration, a Family Fun Zone with a Bouncy House, SlapShot game, Kids Dash, one-mile fun run, and a Tailgate Zone with 12 local food trucks, 3 local breweries and corn hole!

Race Details:
7:30 AM: Competitive 5k Race
7:30 AM: Tailgate Zone goes live
8:15 AM: Survivor Celebration
9:00 AM: Recreational Race

The event raises significant funds and awareness for breast health programs, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. This race is unique in the fact that 100 percent of the net proceeds are allocated to our mission, to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. 75 percent of the net income stays in our community to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 percent of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Research Grants Program, which provided The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina Central University in collaboration with Duke University $3 million in research grants.

To register or learn more, visit komennctc.org.


May 6, 2017
7:00 am - 12:30 pm


The Frontier, Research Triangle Park
800 Park Offices Drive
Durham, 27709
View Venue Website


Susan G. Komen North Carolina Triangle to the Coast
View Organizer Website